Hangovers can be debilitating and make us feel miserable. They are a result of excessive alcohol consumption and can leave us with headaches, nausea, and fatigue. However, there are several ways to combat the symptoms of a hangover, and one of them is intravenous (IV) infusions.
IV infusions have been gaining popularity in recent years as a quick and effective way to alleviate the symptoms of a hangover. This treatment involves a saline solution that is infused directly into the bloodstream through a vein. The solution contains a mixture of electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals, which help to rehydrate the body and replenish essential nutrients lost during alcohol consumption.
How IV Infusions Work for Hangovers:
When we drink alcohol, it causes the body to produce more urine, which can lead to dehydration. IV infusions can rehydrate the body much faster than drinking water, which can take hours to absorb into the bloodstream. IV infusions can also help to restore the body's natural balance of electrolytes, which are essential for proper hydration.
Benefits of IV Infusions for Hangovers:
IV infusions are a popular and effective way to rehydrate the body and replenish essential nutrients lost during alcohol consumption. They work quickly and can help to alleviate other symptoms of a hangover, such as fatigue, headaches, and nausea. Our Stop dragging, Mega Myers and Myers’ cocktail includes a combination of electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals that are believed to help combat the effects of alcohol. Vitamin B12, Magnesium, B-Complex Vitamins and Vitamin C are some of the key vitamins and minerals included in those packages.
In addition to rehydration, IV infusions can also help to alleviate other symptoms of a hangover. For example, the Hangover recovery package that includes a combination of vitamins and minerals that are believed to help combat the effects of alcohol. Some of the key vitamins and minerals included in these packages are:
- Vitamin B12: Helps to boost energy levels and reduce fatigue
- Magnesium: Helps to relax muscles and reduce headaches
- Vitamin C: Helps to boost the immune system and reduce inflammation
- B-Complex Vitamins: Helps improve energy, brain function and cell metabolism.
Studies have also shown that IV infusions can help to reduce the severity and duration of a hangover. In a study published in the Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, researchers found that participants who received an IV infusion after drinking alcohol reported fewer hangover symptoms than those who did not receive the treatment.
It's important to note that IV infusions are not a cure for a hangover and should not be used as an excuse to overindulge in alcohol. However, they can be a helpful tool for those who have had a little too much to drink and need relief from the symptoms of a hangover.
In conclusion, IV infusions can be a quick and effective way to alleviate the symptoms of a hangover. They work by rehydrating the body and replenishing essential nutrients lost during alcohol consumption. If you're considering trying IV infusions for a hangover, be sure to do your research and choose a reputable clinic with trained medical professionals.
- Mayo Clinic. Hangovers. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hangovers/symptoms-causes/syc-20373012
- Shah SA, et al. Intravenous Nutrient Therapy: The “Myers’ Cocktail” in Athletes. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 2017;36(6):493-496. doi:10.1080/07315724.2017.1337262
- Alford C, et al. Nutrient Supplementation Improves Negative Hangover Symptoms in University Students: A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology. 2012;32(2):269-272. doi:10.1097/JCP.0b013e31824f5bdc